Looking for A Solution to A Broken or Chipped Skeg? Look No More, Big Sky is here with a Bang
Whether as a result of running aground or due to some land-bound calamity, a bent, chipped up, or damaged skeg adversely affects directional stability and steering ease. We understand it happens and it can happen to anyone.
We dedicate a great of effort and resources to repairing partially, overly, or even completely damaged skeg. We work on any make and model of the skeg. To get you back on the water, our skeg and gearcase repair expert uses the best tools and resources to bring you back to life in little to no time.
We offer boat on and offer water repair;
- On Boat Propeller Repair: Don’t want to remove the lower unit from your boat? You can trailer the whole boat to our location. We’ll work on the skeg while it is still on the trailer.
- Off Boat Propeller Repair: Don’t want to bring the whole boat to us? Good. Separate the lower unit and bring it along. We will fix your skeg and gearcase with special attention without leaving any touchable area untouched.
- All Weldable parts of your skeg are built up using high-quality aluminum sheet
- Our full repair service is done with blanks that are built to fit the thickness and OEM shape of your skeg.
- The blanks are molded from CNC and constructed with strong, best-grade aluminum.
- We are one of the few ships that use CMT (Cold Metal Transfer). CMT welders are designed to prevent heat transfer and consequentially avoid warping seals.
- Get your skegs painted with the perfect color that matches the factory paint.
- Aluminum is a finicky metal to work with. We specialize in lower unit repair and have extensive years of welding aluminum behind us. We are not just your regular welder.
Be Rest Assured. You Are in Safe Hands. Partner with Big Sky and Your Boating Life Will Have the Sky as The Limit.